A Day in the Life
In the morning, you spend the first hour or so checking emails and your assigned tickets in Wrike to make your plan for the most productive day and to see if any priorities have shifted. You make sure that the monthly deployment calendar that you created with the Field Marketing team is still accurate or make any necessary changes. You spend the next chunk of your day heads down building and executing on marketing campaigns to support the Field Marketing team. You spend time in the day using Marketo and SFDC to monitor and report on the success of the campaigns you are working on. As you are executing you are communicating with the various Field Marketing stakeholders to get approvals on tests, provide updates on performance and provide some best practices and alternative recommendations on campaigns. You close your day with uploading a few new event lists into Marketo and ensuring all the data is flowing correctly. You also take a few notes of process improvements that could be made and campaigns that have performed exceptionally well that you would like to share with the other regions. You complete your day knowing that you have made a business impact and that your work is important to not only the Field Marketing team but the entire company.
An integral member of our Marketing Operations team and responsible for the production and delivery of all aspects of demand and lead generation activities, including email campaigns, lead nurturing, and conversion programs focused on Field Marketing execution. A core responsibility is the delivery of repeatable, measurable programs/campaigns that focus on highly qualified leads, event registration, driving accounts through in-market stages and increasing retention. Act as a Marketo business subject matter expert, building digital experiences and integrations to support the customer end-to-end journey.
- Build, test, and launch complex email campaigns and landing pages, maintain templates, and define dynamic smart content, create, and optimize drip campaigns
- Perform test runs and quality control with strong attention to detail; initiate Go Live
- Design campaign workflows: validation rules, triggers, alerts, and automated responses
- Partner with the field marketing managers to build plans and advise on email best practices
- Conduct advanced A/B testing on email and landing page assets, suggest testing opportunities and advise on testing strategy with Field Marketing stakeholders
- Create database queries and smart lists; manage audiences & segmentations
- Measure and analyze campaign effectiveness including email and conversion metrics, generate campaign insights using closed loop reporting between marketing automation and CRM
- Collaborate with marketing analytics to develop, implement, and report on measurement criteria.
- Continual management and upkeep of marketing automation tool, including contact and workflow management
- Maintain and optimize email marketing processes. Identify gaps in our marketing automation infrastructure and work cross functionally to address them (ex. Program structure inefficiencies, process flaws, etc.)
- Research, recommend and implement system enhancements, to integration enhancements between marketing automation, CRM, and sales tools, and to the lead nurturing process to increase conversion and close rates
- Execute data imports and manage a data quality program focused on completeness, standardization, and de-duplication
- Document and communicate projects, programs, and success metrics
- Drive globally consistent closed loop marketing processes and reporting
- Lead compliance exercises to ensure database integrity and manage lead and contact data hygiene in accordance with GDPR, CCPA, CAN-SPAM and CASL
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, liberal arts, or engineering
- 4+ years B2B experience
- At least 2 years Marketing Operations experience preferred
- Salesforce and Marketo experience preferred
- Experience in basic HTML and CSS concepts preferred
- Solid analytical skills and a strong understanding of technical concepts
- Service-oriented attitude toward stakeholders and intended audience a must
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A motivated self-starter with a high sense of ownership. Thinks ahead of problems and acts proactively
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously while meeting deadlines under pressure
- Able to work cross-functionally and globally
- Proven ability to guide cross-functional change management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English (other European languages preferred)
WatchGuard embraces a flexible working philosophy. The majority of our employees currently work remotely. When it is safe to reopen our offices, we will offer our employees the flexibility to work where they are most productive – from home, the office, and anywhere in between.
Why Work for WatchGuard?
WatchGuard is a global leader in network security, endpoint security, multi-factor authentication, secure Wi-Fi, and network intelligence. Our company’s award-winning products and services are trusted worldwide by more than 18,000 security resellers and service providers to protect more than 250,000 customers. We love solving the industry’s toughest challenges. Our technology keeps our customers ahead of increasingly sophisticated hackers and has fueled record revenues at WatchGuard.
We’re heavily reinvesting in the company and driving rapid acceleration across all aspects of our business. As a result, our employee base has doubled in the last three years, organically and through acquisition. Whether you are an industry veteran or at the beginning of your career, now is a fantastic time to work in the security industry, and there’s never been a better time to be at WatchGuard. Our company culture places an intense focus on our customers and employees. From the newest employee to our CEO, you’ll find that each person at WatchGuard embodies our core values: accountability, passion for success, community building, fostering a culture of belonging, and maintaining a customer focus in all things.
In 2020, WatchGuard acquired the advanced endpoint protection provider, Panda Security. Panda is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of WatchGuard. The combined company enables our customers and partners to consolidate their security services from network to endpoint under a single company.
WatchGuard is privately backed by equity firms Vector Capital and Francisco Partners and has headquarters in Seattle, Washington, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
WatchGuard provides equal employment opportunities for all qualified employees, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, age, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression or identity), marital status, mental or physical disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local laws. Our equal employment opportunity (or EEO) policy is to focus solely on the talent, hard work, contributions and actual results achieved by each WatchGuard employee, and on the potential of employment candidates to make such contributions. We consider focusing on an employee’s protected characteristic rather than on talent, hard work and actual work results to be a violation of our EEO policy.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
If you are interested in this position please apply here.